Our winter appetites bring on months of warm, hearty dishes to soothe us through a long, cold Canadian season. Salads made with winter greens are a way to lighten the heaviness of our meals. Their ...
- 5½ ounces baby mustard greens salad mix
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup microgreens, optional
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1½ tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ½ tablespoon late harvest apple vinegar (substitute apple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallots
- Salt and white pepper to taste
An hour before serving, combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Adjust seasonings to taste. Lightly toast hazelnuts in a pan over medium heat until they become fragrant.
Toss the greens in a small amount of vinaigrette until they’re lightly covered. Plate and garnish with toasted hazelnuts and microgreens.