- 12 medium shrimp (21-25's), peeled (save those shells!)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, small dice
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, small dice
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your grill to a high heat (400 F).
Place shrimp on grill and cook for about 20 seconds or until the shrimp starts to turn pink. Turn the shrimp over and repeat. Remove the shrimp from the grill and cut into them into 2-3 pieces — cutting them in half lengthwise makes a great-looking ceviche.
Add the shrimp and all the other ingredients into a non-reactive bowl (traditionally, it would be wood). Toss, season and allow to marinate and “cook” for about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.