- 2 pounds steak - flank, top round, sirloin or brisket
- 2/3 cup dark or your favourite beer *
- 1/3 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke **
- 1 teaspoon chili paste or chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch black pepper
In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together and set the mixture aside.
Slice beef into thin strips, about a 1/4-inch thick. Place the sliced beef into a storage container or bag. Pour marinade over beef and mix well. Place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 150F or as low as your oven will go. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and place a wire cooling rack onto the sheet pans. Remove beef from marinade and lay strips out on cooling racks and place in oven. Bake for 6 to 8 hours, turning the beef over once after at least 3 hours. Remove from the oven and let cool and dry for another 1 to 2 hours.
Once the jerky is cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.